Atlas Inflight Resources (AIR)
Our growth has come through partnering with the Nation’s best businesses to deliver what they need, when they need it and supplying innovation through understanding of their business. This has led us to become much more than a print service provider, as Atlas Group now stands as a supplier of printed or digital, or digitally printed communication through the web, SMS, email and of course print.
We understand Airline requirements like no other. Our extensive experience in Menu Management (over 15 years of Menu Management) with Premier Airlines such as Emirates Airlines & Etihad and many more, allows us to be more experienced than any conventional printer.
Having been the pioneers of introducing the concept of Airline Menu Management in the region with Emirates Airlines, we are well prepared and deliver scope for growth and offer value added services that will see your business streamline costs and generate new revenue streams.
ATLAS INFLIGHT RESOURCES
Atlas Media has over 14 years experience when it comes to menu management
providing tailor made services to global leading Airlines such as
Atlas maintains the unique distinction of being only company to provide
a true ‘end to end’ menu management solution.
INFLIGHT MENUS & MENU MANAGEMENT
A bespoke menu management system designed from the ground up to meet the needs of fluctuating passenger & flight loads. The system provides tailor made solutions for Airlines globally to meet inflight menu productions encompassing:
- Cost savings
- Time management
- Quality control throughout the production cycle
- Dedicated team of culinary copywriters
- Translation Service offering culinary translations in over 72 languages
- Dedicated Quality control team to ensure strictest compliance to guidelines
- Menu planning facilities incorporating food variances & on demand changes to flight schedules
- Packing & distribution department including loading by flight
SCOPE OF WORK
Atlas Media understands the above customised products and can confirm it has the full capability and additional scalability to supply, manage and deliver all the items listed below as per airlines requirements.
Atlas Cross Media software, (A.C.M), is a web-based automated content management solution that provides Airlines with an on-demand or ‘Just in time’ menu production solution. The solution has been designed from the ground up with the needs of Airlines menu production in mind.
- Comprehensive set of tools to create, submit and manage jobs online
- Simple to use and intuitive user interface
- Increase efficiencies when placing orders for inflight menus with AIR
- Automate the process of tracking delivery orders
- Generation of GRN codes, increased efficiencies when dealing with a higher number of deliveries
- Scope for Airlines to move towards a “print on demand” platform for its menu printing
- Open channel of communication between food product managers, caterers and the menu print team
- Full audit trails to ensure changes are implemented correctly and on time
- Planning for quantities and print for different sectors from schedules and timings
- Ensuring that changes to the menus for different cycles in accordance with agreed dates are implemented on time
- Wastage of remaining menus is limited or recycled
- Daily communication with airport stores to top up quantities as per usage
- Ensure that quantities supplied are drawn down to a minimum prior to cycle change
- Personalised menus for VIP and special charter flights
WORKFLOW AUTOMATION (NEW MENU)
The content of each menu to be discussed between the Food Product manager and in country catering
Once the menu is agreed, the Food Product manager forwards the information through to Atlas menu management team to commence with production.
The specifications received from the customer are then checked by the script writing team. Considering all the standard factors required for onboard menu, the script is created and the studio creates a PDF.
The English PDF file is then sent for approval to the Qatar Team through Qatar’s or Atlas’s dedicated web portal.
It is at this stage that amendments may be made and re-submitted for checking.
Once submitted it is at this stage the system will send an SMS or email to all concerned for approvals.
Once approved the content is then sent for third party translations.
Third and supplementary languages are then sent for translation and returned within 48 - 72 hours from submission date.
Once all files are approved the PDF‘s are sent to the print room as per the instructions indicated on the job bag.
Authorised Airlines personnel will have access enabling them to review the progress of each menu as and when required.
2 tierings and levels of access to be agreed and implemented across the group: Read Only/Read & Comment (Audit trail as mandatory).
These restrictions can be updated/changed as per the requirements of the Airlines management team.
Timings, approval requests and the user's details will all be logged on the management information system.
SOLUTION STEPS: REPRINT/TOP UPS
- Authorised Airlines personnel enter the relevant information into the template.
- Automated workflow enables the template to be placed into a pre approved menu design for the recipient to review.
- All content is checked by the AIR team in addition to the online approvals.
- Files are transferred to partners for third Language translations.
- Once approved the software informs the print room to proceed with production and documents all the information in an automated job description format.
- Once printed the goods are checked via AIR’s quality control staff, packed accordingly and dispatched to the airport.
JUST IN TIME MENU PRODUCTION
Our product range includes varied innovative formats and engaging content that is customised
to suit the needs of the market. Each product is thought through, and a stringent quality check is carried out at
every stage of its creation to ensure that only the very best goes out into the market.
APPROVAL PROCESSThe approval process has three components or levels.
The first level is the user who creates the order in the shopping basket. The second is a group of approvers who are notified of the pending transaction and sent the details of the order via email link.
Once approved, a final approval is required in the back office where a user with the appropriate permissions needs to release the job for production.
PRODUCTION PROCESSThe production process is facilitated through a set of workflow steps from file processing to shipping. The appropriate person is the workflow step is notified of the action they need to take within that production step. Production users who are logged onto their account will see a list of jobs that require their immediate attention.
REPORTINGA detailed set of reports are provided as standard within the ACM offering. Additional custom reports can be provided upon request.
AUDIT AND TRACKINGACM system is fully auditable offering greater control to both parties and tracks all entries and user actions whilst logged into the system.
JUST IN TIME MENU DELIVERY
Part B refers to the facilitation of the document process related to “delivery” of the printed menu’s from Atlas to Airlines stores.
Following on from Airlines’s decision to move to a “print on demand” process of the menus there will naturally be an increase of delivery notes and thus a higher level of GRN codes to be generated.
At a high level, Atlas will design a new capture system on all the delivery notes/invoices for Airlines which will make use of a specialised laser printing process that provides a recognition grid on standard documentation.
The system works with a pen that recognised the form which it is being used with. It stores the image of the signature and overlays it onto an electronic copy of the document. This is then automatically sent back to the ACM system where it can be put into a workflow and delivered to an archive folder.
ACM will produce a custom report allowing a user with the appropriate permissions to view the report and see a link to the relevant signed delivery note/invoice online for that specific delivery and align GRN codes accordingly.
As a commitment to the ongoing partnership between AIR and Airlines we have invested in the ACM system and will be willing to develop the above-bespoke solution for the menu card production in order to assist with the following business processes:
- Increased turnaround times for production of menu cards
- Offering 24/7 ordering capabilities from anywhere
- Customisable content for “real time” amendments to artwork or data
- Reduced human intervention with automated workflows
- Ease of use for all users with email notifications once Individuals are required to action
- Multiple levels for approval sign-offs and multiple tier access rights available
- Accounts online folder to manage archived delivery notes/invoices to speed up and track GRN codes
SOLUTIONDraft process map for “Just In Time” Menu Production and GRN Code Generation Solution
TABLET MANAGEMENT SERVICESInteractive passenger entertainment and communications systems are also offered, delivering a quality passenger experience to the Aviation industry.
From stand-alone on-board entertainment services, using handheld tablets, to a fully integrated inflight entertainment and communication system.
This can be offered as part of the first/ business class experience or as a rental option to economy passengers.
A full on-board/lounge entertainment solution: movies, TV, games, music, books, newspapers and magazines.
Other revenue generation opportunities such as, on-board rental, pay per view, external advertising, on-board retailing.
PRESS DISPLAY SERVICEThis sustainable solution enables the aviation sector to reduce costs, wastage and the manpower needed to deliver and dispose of locally printed broadsheet newspapers and magazines.
Available to your passengers through their laptops, Mac’s, iPads and smartphones which give access to digital versions of over 1,900 newspapers titles from around the world.
Press Display can also be translated in up to 12 different languages.